Wednesday, April 22, 2015

7 Weeks

We went to meet with the lactation consultant again this week. I had some concerns about his latch while breastfeeding. It turns out that it is associated with his tongue tie. :( She made it sound like it is a pretty severe tie and recommends that we get it revised. It is a simple procedure where they just snip the little piece underneath the tongue so that he can have full range of motion. It is basically the same as getting your ears pierced. It hurts just for an instant and then you are fine immediately after. It does not NEED to be revised unless they are unable to eat, however it can be connected to a lot of other issues later on. It can cause jaw tension leading to headaches, it can cause speech issues, even dental issues from not being able to extend the tongue over the back teeth removing food particles as easily, plus many more. We are hopeful that if it is revised, he will be able to more easily nurse and fix some of the issues we have been having with that. (mainly all for my comfort... he likes to "chew" on me as the lactation consultant calls it. OUCH!) He apparently also has a lip tie. I am not sure if that is connected to his problems with nursing or not. I am also not sure if there are any long term effects from that either. I am going to try and find out more information about all of this. We are going to talk to our pediatrician about all of this at his 2 month check up and see what she thinks... 



I survived my first week back to work! It turns out it wasn't so bad after all. That first day I also had a doctor's appointment that morning. (My 6 week postpartum checkup.) Kevin was working so I had to take the baby with me. Of course he woke up as soon as we got there and was crying and screaming. Everyone in the office was staring at me and the nurses kept asking if I was ok and saying "oh you poor thing, you are all alone!" I felt really embarrassed having everyone looking at me and was worried that everyone thought I was a terrible mother or something! (I know it is silly... but that is how I was feeling!) I decided to just re-schedule the appointment and left. Of course the second I left the building he fell back asleep!! 

I went home and cried! I know it is irrational and silly... but all of my anxiety about going to work just caught up to me at that moment. The melt down at the doctor's office was just a final straw for me! Anyway... after crying it out, I felt much better so by the time I had to go to work that night I had already let go of a lot of my anxiety and stress! LOL It ended up being a good thing! Of course everything went great and Kevin did an awesome job while I was gone. I came home and Bryson was asleep in the swing and Kevin was asleep on the living room floor! LOL He hasn't mastered getting him to bed yet... but it was only the first week lol. Got to do what you've got to do!

Friday was a busy night and I didn't get home until 3am! I was stressed out because I knew that he would need to eat at 2am and I hadn't left enough milk for that feeding because I thought I would have been home by then. (We have some emergency frozen milk but it would have been a huge pain for Kevin to thaw) When I got home at 3am, to my surprise he was still asleep! He somehow randomly slept an hour longer as if he knew I was going to be late! lol I had just enough time to put on pj's and quickly eat some dinner before he woke up hungry. 

I calmly nursed him to sleep and put him to bed. It was the perfect ending to my night! It was such a sweet moment for me. He woke once more in the night and nursed then went back to sleep. When he woke in the morning I took him to the nursery to get him dressed for the day. He looked up at my face for the first time since I had left for work the night before (His eyes never open during his night feedings) and as soon as he saw me he gave me a huge smile! It was so sweet! At that moment I didn't care that I had only had a few hours of sleep! It was worth every single second!! 

Another story I want to write about happened yesterday. I told Bryson that someday I would tell him this story to show him just how much his Mama loves him! Far warning... its a little gross! 

While on my lap he had a huge diaper blowout. It was runny, watery poop all up his back and out the top of his diaper. It soaked through his onsie and onto my lap. It soaked through my shorts down to my underwear! I took him to get him changed and cleaned up, and as I was carrying him he spit up all over my shirt! I had poop down to my underwear and spit up dripping down my arm and I was using the cloth in my hand to wipe HIS face! At that moment I couldn't help but laugh! That is why I told him that I hope he realizes how much his Mama loves him!!! lol 

And now some pictures... While uploading pictures from this week I feel like I can definitely tell that Bryson has become much more alert! He smiles almost every time that he is awake! I love it!

Kevin text me this one while I was at work... it made my night!


Me on my first day back to work

This shirt! too funny!

Mommy and Baby selfies! I got a bit carried away this week.



Such a happy Boy!!







Gifts this week! Bryson is obviously very loved!! We have some pretty great friends and family! The bottom left, is letters that Kevin's cousin made for us. It spells out Bryson's name, decorated in his nursery dumbo theme.

Another video of him trying to crawl... he is ready to move!

No comments:

Post a Comment