Thursday, March 19, 2015

2 Weeks

I have decided to update this blog every Thursday since that was the day of the week Bryson was born. That way I can give true weekly updates. I am sure that I will slow down to monthly updates at some point, but for now I will stick to weekly :) 

Eventually I will stop posting SO many pictures... maybe..... lol 

Bryson is 2 weeks old today. The time has flown by! Our little baby is already getting so big! We went to the pediatrician today for his check up and he has gained weight! Typically, by 2 weeks they expect for baby to be back up to his birth weight... our baby is nearly a pound and a half over his birth weight! He weighs 9 lbs 10 oz! I am so happy to know that he is getting enough milk and growing healthy! He is in the 81 percentile! LOL He is now 21 inches (1.25 inches gained since birth)

I am feeling so great about being a mommy! I feel like I am really getting the hang of this! I have become really good at determining what he needs, and keeping him happy and content. He is such a good baby! The only time he is fussy is when he gets overly tired. Otherwise, he only communicates when he needs something, and I can quickly take care of it without much fuss at all. When he gets really sleepy, he sometimes tries to fight it and I have to let him cry it out a bit and wear himself out. Usually though, a good feeding is enough to knock him right out!

When he is awake, he is so alert and curious about the world around him. He loves to look at faces, pictures on the wall, anything he can focus his little eyes on! He has gotten much better at diaper changes as well. 

I am only 14 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! Recovery has been fairly easy and I am feeling pretty much back to normal. I love not having to run to the restroom every 30 minutes! I forgot what that was like!! LOL. I have also really enjoyed sleeping on my stomach when I can... unfortunately, it is usually still uncomfortable when breasts are swollen with milk! I ended up with many more stretch marks then I expected. I had a few pop up in the final weeks, but most of the ones I ended up with I could not see until the skin was no longer stretched! They are flesh colored, not red, making them less noticeable. Hopefully they will fade somewhat. If not, no big deal. They are not too bad. I consider them my badge of honor :) I gained 42 pounds all in my belly... it was to be somewhat expected! 

I loved being pregnant, but I am definitely enjoying feeling "normal" again! I am still adjusting to the hormonal changes a bit, and I wake up several times in the night with night sweats... yuck. Hoping that will pass soon...! All in all I am doing great!

Now, more pictures!



Uncle Anthony bought this onsie that says "Coolest Nephew Ever" lol


Sleepy time with Grandpa

Bryson LOVES tummy time! He is so strong! Look at how he lifts his neck! He uses his arms and legs to push himself up. He can even lift his chest off the ground! Little boy is ready to try and crawl at 2 weeks!! It is crazy!

  
So stinkin' CUTE!


Bryson fighting sleep... NO he isn't sleepy at all...! LOL

Pouty Lip!


Selfie with Bryson

Mommy 2 weeks postpartum



No comments:

Post a Comment