Thursday, March 26, 2015

3 Weeks!

I can not believe that it has been 3 weeks! It is going by so fast!! This week was a bit of a learning experience... Bryson went through a bit of a growth spurt. Basically everything that I had learned to soothe him went right out the window and we had to learn a whole new way of doing things! I guess that is how it goes being a mom. Just when you think you have it figured out... it changes! 

He was extra fussy for a few days. He seemed SO overly tired, but wouldn't fall asleep! If he did fall asleep, he would wake up 30 minutes later! He spent an entire day and night wanting to eat every 1-2 hours... I felt like he was crying constantly no matter what I did! Poor baby! Thank goodness that has passed now. I felt so bad because I knew that he was just growing and feeling things he has never experienced before. He didn't know how to handle to way he was feeling and I couldn't make it better! I just did my best to let him know he was safe and loved by holding him. 

At one point he kept acting hungry but when I would nurse him he just wanted to suck for comfort. He would pull away and spit the milk out over and over. He was crying and hollering like he was annoyed that all that milk was interfering with his soothing! I decided to try and give him a pacifier... TERRIBLE IDEA!

He could not sleep with the pacifier! As soon as he would dose off, the paci would fall out of his mouth and it would startle him awake. Exactly 3 seconds later he was screaming and wide awake! Eventually he got so tired that he couldn't figure out how to properly suck the pacifier. He had his mouth on it and just kept shaking his head around crying like he forgot how to suck! I had to take it away and then it was hell trying to get him to forget about it and rock him to sleep! This repeated several times before I decided that he was not ready for the pacifier!! 

We did get this adorable picture though! So sweet!!

All said and done, we learned some new ways to soothe him, and he grew like a weed overnight! He is back to his normal sleep schedule and temperament now thank goodness! It was a long couple of days! Apparently I can expect another spurt like that around 7 weeks as well... poor baby! 

I got a couple of videos for you guys...

Trying to fall asleep but his hiccups are keeping him awake!

Bryson LOVES tummy time. He is trying to crawl! He gets so frustrated that he can't move! Hard to believe that he is a newborn!

My baby is getting so big already! This comparison shows how his face is filling out! Look at those CHEEKS! (2 days vs. 3 weeks)

I swear he grew overnight! BIG BOY! :)

Bryson is looking more and more like his Daddy everyday! Check out this comparison with his baby photo! Haha!
 

A bunch of random photos just for fun!




No I am not sleepy at all.....! LOL




First time wearing shoes :)


That face melts my heart... :(

I can almost button my pre-pregnancy jeans! I am using the "hair tie trick" for now! lol
(don't mind my stretch marks... yikes!) I ended up with a lot more then I expected! Most of them didn't show up until after my stomach started retracting. Hopefully they will fade/lighten over time. If not, I will just consider them my Mommy badge of honor :)


No comments:

Post a Comment