Thursday, July 3, 2014

Today we found out that we are PREGNANT!

Exciting news... we are going to have a baby! 


I decided to start this blog as a way for our friends and family to keep up with the details of our pregnancy without overwhelming everyone on social media! I will use this blog to post belly pictures, updates from the doctor, and my general well being as mommy! So here goes...

How far along?: I am 5 weeks. This is so strange to me... Baby was conceived 3 weeks ago but apparently you are considered 2 weeks at the time of conception.... strange.



How big is the peanut?: approximately the size of a sesame seed. So strange to think about! The baby has already formed brain and spinal cord which are currently visible through it's translucent skin. Baby is also developing a heartbeat now! 

Total weight gain/loss?: None to speak of yet however my belly is incredibly bloated!! This was one of my pregnancy symptoms... I have been bloated for about two weeks! I seriously feel like a whale which is crazy because it is way to early to be complaining about that! I know that your metabolism slows to allow nutrition to get to the baby which causes bloating. 

Maternity clothes? No way, but my pants are snug from the bloat... hoping this goes away!

Sleep? I have woken up in the middle of the night having to use the restroom all week which is very unusual for me. Another symptom that lead me to believe I might be preggo! Other then that I am sleeping fine :)

Best moment this week? I woke up at 6am this morning and had to use the restroom (AGAIN) I have had breast tenderness and on and off cramping (exactly like menstrual) with no sign of my period. The thought of pregnancy was beginning to weigh on my mind so I figured I would just take an at home test to clear my mind of worry so I could go back to sleep. (I knew that the test was most accurate when you first wake up) I fully expected it to be negative, thinking all my symptoms could very easily just be my period! As I was still taking the test it turned instantly to a positive! I immediately woke up Kevin (with no grace of any kind) adrenaline pumping, telling him the good news. Poor guy was woken from a dead sleep scared half to death! I am still in shock!

Symptoms? Breast tenderness for the past two weeks, constant bloating, on and off menstrual-like cramps, frequent urination, missed period

Food cravings? None yet

Food aversions? None other than avoiding any foods that would make me feel more bloated (mostly salty or fried foods) 

Gender? No idea. My gut says twins though. Strangest thing, but I can not shake the feeling that there are 2 in there... guess we will see!

I have an appointment with my OBGYN on July 22nd. At this point I will be 8 weeks so they will be able to do an ultrasound. I can not wait!

1 comment:

  1. You're a rock star! I am so happy for you and Kevin! It's no secret that I am pretty fond of your hubby, and I am just so happy that he found you to be his partner in life. You will be fantastic parents and your baby (or babies) will be among the luckiest around.

    I love this blog that you've started and look forward to watching your journey to motherhood and getting to know you better along the way. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete