Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week 9

How far along? 9 Weeks!

How big is the peanut? Baby is the size of a green olive

Total weight gain/loss? None so far

Maternity clothes? Sad to say at only 9 weeks, but yes!... My mom sent me a box of some maternity basics and I have been living in them! I know it is really early, but my stomach is so swollen that my regular pants haven't fit for a while. Also I have a lot of lower abdominal discomfort (everything stretching and growing in there) so any pressure from clothing makes me miserable! My favorite item of clothing is my long flowing empire waist dress. It is the most comfortable thing ever right now! I wear it several times a week lol Yesterday I got my first belly band so hopefully that will help out!


Sleep? YES PLEASE! Can't get enough of it. I am still so tired ALL the time!

Best moment this week? We got our first baby item (besides the nursery furniture) Kevin's mom sent us some baby booties. (Harley-Davidson of course!) They are so teeny tiny and adorable! I can't believe how tiny little baby feet are!



Symptoms? sleepy all the time, waves of nausea occasionally, stomach discomfort, swollen tummy

Food cravings? None really

Food aversions? Changes from moment to moment... I have a lot. The WORST food right now is garlic. At work we serve a Roasted Garlic Aioli, so in order to make it they have to roast large batches of garlic. The smell is so strong that I am miserably sick the entire time. I have to stand near the front of the restaurant and literally hold my breath when i go into the kitchen to avoid getting sick. It has ruined garlic for me... Kevin made some garlic pasta at home and just looking at it made me sick!

Gender? Not a clue... so many women have an intuition but I am still clueless... I would be thrilled to have a boy or a girl I truly don't care! Kevin is convinced that it is a girl though. We wont know until week 20!

What I miss? Sushi and margaritas (probably not together lol)

What I'm looking forward to? our next doctor's appointment. (3 weeks)

Milestones? Baby has gone from an EMBRYO to a FETUS! Basically, this means that baby has developed all of its organs and body parts and will now be focused on growing and developing for life on the outside!

Bump? May not look like much but it feels like a huge difference to me! (P.S. These are my new maternity clothes lol)



1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the nesting period. This house is a mess. Haha

    ReplyDelete