Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 12, Goodbye First Trimester!

Oh boy, I have a lot to talk about this week! Where to begin?

Well, the best part of my week was our doctor's appointment on Tuesday! We got to hear the heartbeat again. <3 The heart rate has slowed slightly from 171 to 160-something... (I forgot what the doctor said). Completely normal for this stage of development. The visit was pretty quick. They checked for heartbeat, asked how I was feeling, and since there were no concerns I was sent on my way... easy enough! Our little one is still cooking! He/She also kicked the monitor when they were listening to the heartbeat! Too bad I couldn't feel it yet! It was funny though, baby was basically telling the doctor "get off of me!" lol

Baby is 2 and half inches this week and the size of a large plum! I have been feeling better overall. I have a lot of dizziness and headaches lately but overall doing good! To be honest, a lot of times I don't even feel pregnant, I feel completely normal. I am ready to FEEL pregnant! I am ready to have a belly, be able to start feeling movement, etc! I am so anxious this week! I am doing my best to just enjoy each moment and try not to rush!



Earlier in the week, before our appointment I received a phone call from the doctor's office saying that they needed to "discuss the results of my tests." I immediately began to panic of course, because that is never a good sign! Turns out when they did a blood test to check for cystic fibrosis I tested positive as a carrier. I obviously do not have cystic fibrosis, I simply carry the gene. They said that they wanted to test Kevin. If he is also a carrier, then there is a chance that our baby could have the disease!

I began to get really worried! After talking to Kevin we realized that the odds of him also being a carrier are pretty low, and we found out that even if we are both carriers, there is only a 25% chance that the baby would have it anyway. If we tested Kevin and he was positive, the next step would be to test the baby. This involves sticking a needle into my BELLY to get a sample from the amniotic fluid! This is something I am NOT interested in doing! Although the risk is low, there IS a risk of causing miscarriage from performing the test! We have no desire to put the baby in ANY harm just to find out if they have a disease with only a 25% risk (that is if Kevin is even a carrier, which is unlikely).

Long story short, the odds are slim that our baby will have it, and the testing makes us uncomfortable so we are choosing not to test. Even if the baby has cystic fibrosis, it wouldn't change anything for us. We would not terminate the pregnancy based on this information. We have decided to try and not worry. Whatever will happen will happen. We will love our baby no matter what. If we find out that there is ANY problem at the time of birth, we will just deal with it as it comes. We have every reason to assume that our baby will be perfectly healthy!

Kevin and I started a few baby registry's! I know it is still really early, and most of the stuff we want to register for is gender specific so we will be waiting until after we find out the gender for many items. However, there are a lot of items that we want to keep gender neutral. If we ever have another baby in the future (which we hope to) we would like to be able to reuse many items such as stroller, baby swing, etc. This is one of the first grand babies for both sides of our family so we have grandparents who are anxious to start buying items for the little one! I am going to post the links to the registry's for them, and anyone who wants however, we do not expect any one to buy us anything! Honestly, we just had a lot of fun making them and getting a better idea of what we want and need! Many of the items on our registry and bigger, higher priced items simply because those are the things that we are keeping gender neutral! These are items that we plan to purchase eventually but do not expect anyone to buy for us. It is just nice to have a registry as a spot to keep track of what we plan to buy ourselves. If anyone has any suggestions of advice about things we should add, we would love ANY advice!  

If any of these links don't work, you can visit the store's website and click on "registry" then search by my name- Jessica Wolz Location- Pensacola Florida

Babies R US -
http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index.jsp?_flowExecutionKey=_cB93452CA-591B-3078-9664-F39028AB4224_k4DEB76F3-C1A9-D840-5B39-3FF3CCA96251&overrideStore=TRUS

Target-
http://www.target.com/GiftRegistrySearchViewCmd?registryType=BB&jsRequest=true&catalogId=10051&status=completePage&cumulativeTime=-1&listId=x5rBLZHAnr12-dbjzC7mgw&noOfPings=&registryFirstName=jessica&langId=-1&segmentGrpName=-1&storeId=10151&registryLastName=wolz

Kohls-
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/gift_registry/kohlsgrw_home.jsp?section=list&listid=2807580&viewtype=listview&isfromsearch=true&fname=Jessica&lname=wolz&regtype=registry.wedding,registry.baby,registry.splday&state=FL

No comments:

Post a Comment