Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 13 - Hello Second Trimester!

How far along? 13 weeks!

How big is the peanut? The size of a peach! Almost 3 inches long, and developing vocal chords and tiny fingerprints!

Maternity clothes? Loving that belly band and my maternity tank tops!

Sleep? I tend to roll onto my stomach when I am sleeping which keeps waking me up because it has become uncomfortable! To solve this problem I bought a body pillow which I use between my knees. It keeps me laying on my side all night. I have been having a few crazy dreams... last night I dreamt I was having triplets! lol

Best moment this week? Not sure about the BEST, but an awkward moment this week was at work... I told a guest that I was expecting and he but his hands on my stomach and asked God to bless my baby! It was really awkward, and made me wonder how often people are going to awkwardly touch my belly over the next six months! lol

Symptoms? I am finally feeling better! I have been able to stay later at work then I have in a long time! It is SO nice to finally have a little energy back again! Definitely not back to normal, but much better! Still having regular headaches and dizziness and completely random waves of nausea. Grocery shopping is still nearly impossible due to food aversions.

Food cravings? I randomly crave different foods, never really the same thing more then once. When I do get the food I am craving, I swear it always tastes like the absolute best thing I have ever ate in my life! lol I am truly enjoying food more then I ever have before. It is so weird! Last night I was craving Asian style dumplings/ pot-stickers. They were SO DELICIOUS when I got some at an Asian restaurant. Other then that, I am still all about breakfast! I wake up starving, and I enjoy breakfast foods more then ever.

Food Aversions? Nothing specific. I just get really overwhelmed by the grocery store. I guess it is a mixture of so many different foods at once.

What I miss? My family!

What I am most looking forward to? Getting a belly! I am ready to start showing! Also, Halloween. I am already trying to come up with a creative pregnancy related Halloween costume!

Bump? Everyone is starting to comment a bit more about my bump. I have felt bloated like I just ate a huge Thanksgiving dinner since the day I found out I was pregnant! However, this week, people have been telling me that it looks bigger then a "bloat". I think my bump is starting to round out a bit more...


No comments:

Post a Comment