Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ultrasound 13 Weeks, 1 Day

Ultrasound pictures of our little one!



We weren't scheduled to have another ultrasound until 20 weeks, however we had a surprise ultrasound yesterday! I had some unexpected bleeding which had me really scared, so we decided to make a special trip to the doctor to get everything checked out. Luckily everything looks great with both me and the baby thank goodness!

It is funny when you watch that show "I didn't know I was pregnant" and women claim that they had their period every month - you always think Yeah right! There is no way! Well there is a way lol! And it is so scary!

The doctor told me that some women have it every month and that it is nothing to worry about. Who knew? I had heard of spotting of course, however this is definitely more then that. The first thing that comes to mind when it happens if miscarriage of course so you instantly panic! I was just so relieved to see our baby kicking, and stretching!

To be honest, I have been a bit of an emotional wreck the last few days. I feel like no one told me how scary pregnancy was! I feel helpless, like I can't even feel the baby to know if it is okay. I just want to hold it, protect it, bubble wrap it or something to make sure it is fine! I wonder how I can make it another six months! I just want to have my little one here in my arms, and safe! My friend assured me that it is not the pregnancy that makes you worry... it is motherhood, and that I can expect to worry for the rest of my life! lol

The ultrasound helped me so much. Seeing the baby made it feel a little bit more "real". I could see with my own eyes that the baby has all of its arms and legs like it supposed to! And it was reassuring to know that he or she is growing right on track! I made it through the first trimester which is good! I am going to try and relax and just keep doing what I have been doing!

By the way, baby had a heart rate of 159, and was VERY active! Baby was moving and squirming around like crazy! If he or she stays that active, I will be feeling some movement sooner then later! It was still too early to tell the gender... darn! Boy and girl bits look pretty much the same at this point, they are mostly forming inside (ovaries or testes) and will be more developed on the outside in the next few weeks. We will hopefully get a clear shot at our scheduled 20 week ultrasound! Meanwhile, we have some new photos for the fridge! I mean look at how cute our baby is! lol Those tiny lips, and that little bitty nose!!! We are so in love already!

1 comment: