Tuesday, September 2, 2014

14 Weeks

Week 14! This week baby is the size of a clenched fist. Baby is moving almost constantly although I still can not feel it!! Baby's neck is much stronger this week so he or she can stretch out straight rather then being curled up all the time. The baby also has reflexes and responses. For example, if I poke my belly, the baby will squirm away to the other side of my uterus. How cool is that! We got to see that a little bit during the ultrasound. When they put the ultrasound machine on my belly baby started moving like crazy!

Baby is developing lanugo now (peach fuzz like hair that covers their body to keep them warm until they gain some body fat!) Other developments this week include the roof of the baby's mouth forming and some intestinal activity.

This week I started my new beauty routine to hopefully avoid stretch marks later on! *fingers crossed* I bought some bio oil and cocoa butter for now. If anyone has suggestions for me about what works best I am open to any advice!


I am feeling pretty good overall. Many of my first trimester symptoms are easing up finally! I am just hungry all the time! I feel like every 2-3 hours I am so hungry that it feels like I haven't eaten in weeks! lol I am just so anxious for my 20 week ultrasound! I want to know if we are having a little boy or girl!! Starting to get several baby items and gifts from grandma which has been amazing! I just love to look at all of the baby stuff in the nursery and imagine my little one using it all. It makes me smile every time!


Getting a little bit bigger... I have gained 2 pounds which I am actually excited about! I am ready to look pregnant! I feel like I am in that awkward phase where I look like it might be a gut lol

No comments:

Post a Comment