Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 17

Two more weeks! Two more weeks! TWO MORE WEEKS! Ahhh I can NOT wait to find out if our little one is a boy or a girl!

This week baby weighs 5 ounces and is 5 inches from head to bottom. Baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and his or her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Not a lot to say this week. Everything has been just about the same the last few weeks. All of my symptoms from the the first trimester have passed except for the headaches. Headaches have been getting slowly better though. They aren't as frequent and don't last as long as they did a few weeks ago. It is nice to feel "normal" again. I can finally go grocery shopping without feeling sick! I have also began to shake that "fragile" feeling that I had in the beginning. For a while I was so nervous to lift anything, or stretch any stomach muscles for fear of harming the baby. I finally feel more secure with the pregnancy and know that the baby will be okay! Although feeling "normal" is nice I usually just wish that I felt more PREGNANT. My belly has grown a little, but I still feel like people can not tell that I am preggo! I haven't felt any kicks or movement yet. Sometimes it almost feels like I am not pregnant at all. I guess I am just anxious to have that basketball belly and feel our little one moving around! Trying to be patient!! I know it will happen any day now.

I did have one really awesome experience this week. I could not sleep one night. I was tossing and turning over and over. My stomach was so uncomfortable! The best way that I can describe the feeling is that it felt like I was laying flat ON my stomach even though I was on my side. It was just a lot of pressure and very un-easy. Finally after tossing and turning forever I was wide awake. I laid on my back (the only way I felt comfortable) trying my best to fall back to sleep in that position which is nearly impossible for me. As I was laying there I began to rub my un-easy tummy. I slid my hand across my lower abdomen and immediately noticed a huge lump/bump on my left side. I panicked! I had decided that my uterus had moved up over night (that was why I was so uncomfortable) and it had moved up sideways! I frantically starting to google my theory all while thinking "omg my baby is going to be growing sideways out of my stomach!" LOL I kept feeling the bump with my hand for a minute or two and then all of a sudden.... it was gone! Completely flat just like the other side.

It had to have been the baby! Why else would the lump MOVE? I don't understand how if I can't feel any kicks yet that I could feel baby lumped on one side of my body but I can't imagine what else it could have been! Baby is as big as an avocado, almost the size of a pomegranate so I guess if it's entire body was curled up against one side it would be big enough to stick out! It must have been sticking it's little tushy right out! Once I realized what it was I was so excited!

We have been slowly getting a few baby items ourselves and Nana keeps sending us awesome packages in the mail. We are already accumulating quite a bit of items in the nursery! I am sure there will be a lot more after we find out the gender!


Baby bump-


No comments:

Post a Comment