Tuesday, September 16, 2014

16 Weeks

Doctor's appointment this week! We got to listen to the heartbeat again (150 beats per minute). I also got some blood drawn for a quad screen. This is a blood test to check the levels of AFP in my bloodstream. The baby produces AFP and it transfers from the placenta into mom's blood. This is perfectly normal, however if the levels are too high or too low it could mean possible problems such as spina bifida or downs syndrome and would require further testing to diagnose. We are obviously hoping for nice normal levels to put our mind at rest about any major concerns! I will keep you all posted with the results! 

How far along? 16 weeks

How big is the peanut? The size of an avocado. 4 1/2 inches from head to rump and 3 1/2 ounces. Patterning on the scalp has begun although no hair yet! Baby is even developing toe nails already! Baby will double in weight and add inches to his length over the next few weeks so apparently I can expect a growth spurt soon!

Total weight gain/loss? 4.5 pounds so far

Maternity clothes? Still rocking the belly band and I bought a handful of some more maternity tanks. I basically live in them and they are perfect undershirts at work.

Sleep? Sleeping just fine! It's been really hard to wake up though. My eye lids are heavy! Wishing I could have that cup of joe in the morning!

Best moment this week? We have friends in town from Kansas City all week so we have been having a blast so far! I feel so thankful to be feeling back to normal! 

Symptoms? No headaches for the past TWO DAYS! yay!! So... I guess no symptoms since that has been my only one lately!

Food cravings? Nothing specific. Just really loving food! lol

Food aversions? None really

Gender? Don't know yet but we get to find out earlier then expected! The doctor told us today at our appointment to come back for the anatomy ultrasound in 3-4 weeks... so of course I said we would be there in 3 WEEKS! lol Our appointment is scheduled for the morning of October 7th

Labor signs? Absolutely not.

Belly button in or out? IN

What I miss? Beer during football?

What I'm looking forward to? Anatomy ultrasound!!

Bump? 

No comments:

Post a Comment