Tuesday, November 4, 2014

23 Weeks

23 Weeks!

Bryson weighs just over and pound and will double his weight over the next four weeks. His sense of movement is developed now (so he could feel if I were dancing). He can hear loud noises outside of the womb such as dogs barking, or a vacuum cleaner. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. If for some reason he were born premature, he could survive. The youngest that a baby can survive outside of the womb is 23 weeks. (obviously I hope... and PLAN to carry him to term lol)

We had another doctor's appointment this morning. Everything looks great! Bryson was being stubborn again and did not want to show his face, but finally she got the shot that she needed. He does not have a cleft lip. His face is perfect :) and the spots/cysts that they saw on his brain last time are all gone! YAY! His heart rate is 146 and everything looks healthy!

He is breech right now but no need to worry, he has plenty of room and time to flip around. The ultrasound tech laughed and said to me, "You poor thing! He has his little feet right where he is just kicking you in the bladder!" He had the hiccups during the ultrasound which was really cute to watch. I can't feel those yet though. He did kick once or twice which was really neat. It is so amazing to watch him kick and feel it at the exact same time! She commented on how because I am so skinny, you can already feel where he his through my stomach. She had me feel right in the spot where his head is and it was awesome to know that what I was touching and feeling was the top of his head! I could see on the screen where I was pushing on him! The whole thing is just fascinating to me!

She said that because I am naturally skinny and the placenta is on the back side of my uterus, I will be able to feel him ALOT. She said pretty soon I will be able to watch him roll from one side of my belly to the other. We did get a shot of his boy parts again. She said there is absolutely no doubt about it... he is a boy! (I didn't doubt it before but it is nice to have extra confirmation that we wont be surprised on his birth day!)

I have gained 15 pounds! Holy cow that number seems high, but it is right on track. I should gain about a pound a week which means about another 17 to go!

Only a few more weeks left in my second trimester! I can't believe how fast it is going by! I will go to have my glucose test sometime in the next 3-4 weeks and then we will go back to the doctor for a check up at 28 weeks. I am pretty sure from then on I have to go see him every 2 weeks until Bryson is born.

Here are some pictures of his little face. You can see his little skeleton... kind of strange! We didn't get as many "cute" pictures as we usually get. Like I said, he was being stubborn!


My Halloween "costume" this year-

Bump this week-

No comments:

Post a Comment