Tuesday, November 25, 2014

26 Weeks - Goodbye 2nd Trimester!

How far along? 26 Weeks

How big is the peanut? He is just under 2 pounds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. He is finally opening his eyes! He continues to put on baby fat and develop his lungs. He can now hear much better - both mine and Kevin's voice. He is also beginning to respond to noises and could even become startled by a loud sound.

Total weight gain/loss? I have still gained around 18 pounds so far

Sleep? Still sleeping pretty good. My only complaint is that I often wake up with some leg cramping. I have had 2 really bad charlie horses which is THE WORST way to wake up! Both times I was sleeping on my right side. It is recommended that you sleep on your left to provide the most blood flow, so I assume I just didn't have adequate blood flow to my leg and that is what caused it. It was like 2 whole minutes of intense, unbearable muscle cramp in my calf. I couldn't do anything to make it stop. I literally said out loud "PLEASE JUST STOP!" Ouch! My calf muscles were super sore for the next few days as well, as if I had done an intense work out!

Best moment this week? Feeling Bryson moving. He has been moving for a while now, but this week the movements are much different. Before, I would feel kicking in one specific spot. Now whenever he moves it is from one side of my belly all the way across to the other side! It is such an awesome feeling! I was even able to see my belly move for  the first time! It was subtle, but when he was kicking I could see my belly "bouncing" with each kick. He is getting so big and strong!

Funny moment this week- I asked Kevin to stop by the store on his way home from work to buy me some Oreos. He was in the checkout line with nothing except for cookies, so the cashier joked with him and said "What are you pregnant?" He said "No, but my wife is!" Lol I thought that was pretty funny!

Another exciting thing this week- I finally ordered my hypnobabies home study! I am so excited to get it and start practicing!

Symptoms? HEARTBURN! I have only experienced heartburn once ever in my life before now. My uterus has now grown to my rib cage, so it is cramping my organs more then before.

This week has been a bit rough. I feel like I am re-learning how to do everything! Whenever I try to bend over to pick something up, get out of bed or off the couch, or squeeze through a tight spot, I feel like there is a little voice saying to me...

LOL!!

My back aches whenever I sit. I bought a travel pillow to prop behind my back which has really helped. I assume it is because of the way my back is curved from the extra weight I am carrying. Whenever I sit perfectly upright it hurts like crazy! If I go out to eat, sitting in a booth is almost unbearable! I am seriously just going to take my pillow everywhere! LOL 

Food cravings? This week I've been craving spicy foods... that probably won't help my heartburn! LOL

Gender? Baby Boy!

Labor signs? Nope!

Belly button in or out? Still just partially sticking out

What I miss? My family! It was so great seeing them last week. I miss them!

What I'm looking forward to? Finding a new place to live, and setting up the nursery! We just found out that we will be moving in about a month. I think it will be nice to have a brand new, clean, organized home to bring Bryson home to. 

Milestones? Almost done with my second trimester! This is the last week of my sixth month already!


Bump? 


I took the glucose test today. It wasn't too bad except they make you fast before the test so I was starving and it took 45 MINUTES to get checked in because the hospital was really busy today!

The test checks for gestational diabetes. This is a high sugar condition that some women get during pregnancy.  When you arrive for the test you drink a sugar solution (tastes like a syrupy, flat, orange soda), wait for an hour, and then they draw your blood to check your sugar level. The idea is to see how efficiently your blood processes sugar. I should have the results soon. 

If you have it it means that you have to do extra testing and make changes to your diet. Gestational diabetes typically only lasts through pregnancy, but can carry over after the baby is born for some women. Hopefully I will test negative and wont have any extra worries!

Just for fun- I did one of those fun internet things that tell you what your baby will look like... I uploaded pictures of me and Kevin as a baby and it produced a picture of what our baby might look like... lol

This is me and Kevin (CUTIES!)-

 This what the internet says Bryson might look like-

I am certain he will be much cuter then this photo!!

2 comments:

  1. The best advice for those charlie horses is to give into the pain, then stand up. I know how crazy it sounds, but it totally works. I was skeptical at first, but it really does instantly stop the pain. Said from a fellow RLS sufferer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will try that next time!

    ReplyDelete